The body of lay people in Zion Methodism whose responsibility it is to disseminate information to the laity of the denomination in order to bring about greater awareness and understanding of the polity and practice of the A.M.E Zion Church.
The mission of the Connectional Lay Council of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church is to prepare and equip laity for life discipleship in the Kingdom of God by maintaining effective ministries that evangelize, encourage and edify the laity.
We will do this by:
- Prepare laity for a life of discipleship
- Equip laity for a life of discipleship
- Maintain effective ministries that:
- Evangelize Laity
- Encourage Laity
- Edify Laity
* Laity consists of all members of Greater Centennial who are not part of the clergy
As servants of the Most High God, and disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ that are guided by the Holy Spirit, the vision of the Connectional Lay Council of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church is to prepare the lay members of our denomination for a life of service in the Kingdom of God.
We will do this by:
- Developing ourselves and others as Christian disciples
- Helping others to know, worship and follow Christ in spirit and in truth
- Collaborating and cooperating across organizational, institutional and denominational boundaries to minister to the masses
All laity in the A.M.E. Zion Church are strongly encouraged to catch the vision for Christian leadership, accountability, stewardship and Christian service so that, together, we might usher in the Kingdom of God through the A.M.E. Zion Church.
As a member of Greater Centennial A.M.E. Zion Church you are automatically eligible for membership. Membership Categories: Life: $175 (once) Regular: $5.00 (annual)
The Life member stole is a sacrificial gift that represents the purpose and commitment of the laity of the A.M.E. Zion Church.
The focus is on the Holy Bible of which must be an integral part of our lives and that is why it is placed in the center. “Come With Us to Christ” was our first Quadrennial Convention theme in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Black signifies our pride as a race of people.
Gold signifies our striving toward purity.
- Black History Month
- Connectional Lay Council (CLC) Membership Drive
- Annual Harriet Tubman Pilgrimage, Auburn NY - (usually the 4th weekend)
- Annual Conference (usually 3rd week)
- Lay Day at Annual Conference (usually 3rd Wednesday)
- Mildred R. Faulkner Scholarship Breakfast (usually the 3rd Saturday)
- Connectional Lay Sunday – uniform throughout A.M.E.Z. Churches (usually 3rd Sunday)
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct thy paths.