Types of Membership
A person who has made the public declaration to join the church but has not fulfilled the requirements as set forth by the AME Zion Church for Membership in Full Connection.
Member in Full Connection
Is a member who has completed the required four separate New Member classes or the Fast Track one-day class, and has received the Right Hand of Fellowship before the congregation.
As a member in full connection here at Greater Centennial, your first responsibility is to partner with us to achieve three goals:
- Show the LOVE of Christ to all. Seek to become more like Christ. Tell people about Christ.
- Show the POWER of Christ by assisting members of the congregation and community. Our deeds are a demonstration of our faith in a mighty God.
- Show the GLORY of Christ by making the church a place where God is placed at the forefront of all that we do.
What does Membership mean?
As a Member we expect you to love and be loved. The motivation for all your actions should be love. We define love as seeking the highest good for others. As a member you are expected to:
- Grow in the Spirit Filled Life
- Belief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Regularly commune with God (pray)
- Read and study the Bible
- Meditate on the Word of God
- Regularly attend worship services
- Reflect the glory of God in your lifestyle and attitude
- Tithe and give offerings both systematically and cheerfully
- Use your spiritual gifts in ministry
- Share your faith with others
- Respect church doctrine and authority
- Live in harmony with one another
- Be receptive to pastoral leadership